DAY 1 – Avignon or Nîmes – Bagnols-sur-cèze
- A type A rental car will be available for you at the TGV train station of Nîmes or Avignon.
- Settling into your charming hotel at the heart of the city of Bagnol sur Cèze. This magnificent castle is surounded by a 12ac park . Your spacious and comfortable room/house, close to the swimming pool, invites to a quiet overnight in the middle of the park.
- You'll go for the discovery of the Rabelais center, the oenotour center of the Gard land "Côte du rhône". Modern museums introduce all the features of the local soils and vineyards. A commented tasting session of the local wines will complete your visit.
- Gourmet dinner at the retaurant of your hotel, even by the fire place if required.
- Overnight at your hotel.
DAY 2 – Chartreuse de Valbonne – La Roque sur Cèze
- Buffet breakfast at your hotel.
- Guided visit of "La Chartreuse de Valbonne, founded in the early 13th century, to replace a former benedictine monastry. In the midle of a 3700ac (1500ha) forest listed among the most beautifull ones in France. Starting from the regular church to the relics chapel, through the small and the large cloisters, after the visit of a monk cell, the life of the Carthusian monks appears gradualy to your eyes.
- You're invited to taste the best vintages produced onsite in the underground cellars from the 13th century, a unique knowhow!
- Lunch at the foot of the "La Roque sur Cèze" ranked most beautifull village of France. The meal will take his southern accent and be cooked from fresh and local products.
- Guided visit of the village, planted at the heart of the vineyards and perched on top of a sharp cliff.
- By the end of the afternoon, an other winery will welcome you for an animated tasting session combined to the presentation of their art productions next to the fermenting cellars.
- Dinner and second overnight at your hotel.
DAY 3 – Chusclan – Gaujac – Avignon or Nîmes
- Guided visit of the Cooperative Cellar of the Laudun-Chusclan communities vinegrowers, emblematic of their territory. Visit of the medieval Gicon castle. There, you'll find out about the story of the 400 people who lived in the castle as well as the History of the lordly vineyards which surounds it. As of 1973, the cooperators own the Gicon castle and are commited to animate this majestic domain overlooking the Rhone river. The castle has been entirely renovated and updated according to sustainable development technics. Dry toilets, solar pannels, rape seed oils batteries and wind operated generators testify of this eco-responsibility. The visit carries on with a commented wine tasting session .
- Lunch at a restaurant of the village labeled "BIb" in the Michelin guide. The underground cellar of the owners is worth to be explored.
- Back to the train station and return of your rental car to the company that you got it from.
The Gard land "Côtes du Rhône" open their doors to you for a week-end, back to former time through the discovery of these wines and their History. The medieval heritage provides with a unique touch this get away into our history!
Hélène Nogueira, founder of AVINTOUR, will welcome you upon your arrival and explain you all the details that you may need for your stay.
She will be your personal contact for all your stay in Gard land. She will also hand over you your road book: this is your actual travel guide. You’ll find in it the different steps of your course, the GPS location of the meeting points, addresses and phone numbers of each of our service providers, as well as all your booking details and access tickets.
- One type A rental car available at the TGV train station of Avignon or Nîmes.
- Lodging: 2 overnights in a charming hotel, in double bedrooms, including breakfast.
- Full board: 4 meals(2 breakfast 2 dinners) at places that have been selected by AVINTOUR and ensuring to cook fresh, local and seasonal products.
- 4 visits of wineries of AOP Côtes du Rhône and their related tasting sessions.
- Visits to heritage mentioned in the included agenda.
Does not include:
- Transportation to reach theTGV train station of Nîmes or Avignon.
- Fuel and extra insurances for your rental car. A vehicle with driver can be made available as a chargeable option.
- Beverages and extras within meals.
- Extra charge for single bedroom.
- Tips and personal expenses.
- Travel insurances (chargeable option)