DAY 1 – Nîmes or Avignon – Tavel
- A rental car will be available at the TGV high speed train station of Nîmes or Avignon.
- Settling into your B&B. At the heart of the village of Tavel, in a splendid Provence farmhouse, the guest rooms allow you to enjoy a nice shaded terrace and a Mediterranean garden lulled by the sound of cicadas in summertime.
- An invitation to explore the winery next door for a spontaneous wine tasting session run by your hostess.
- Your hostess will then welcome you to her guest table for a local meal... just friendly.
DAY 2 – Tavel
- Breakfast menu: warm beverages, fresh fruit juices, cheese, yogourt or other dairy preps, egs, jams, breads, pastries, all homemade.
- Your hostess will take you to a typical Provence market at the heart of the village. Based on her precious advices, you'll create the menu that you 'll enjoy for dinner.
- Lunch at a restaurant in the village of Tavel followed by a digestive walk across the Condamine gardens.
- A Rendez-vous for a private visit of an actual winery chateau is dated for the afternoon. The owner welcomes you to intruduce his cellar and run a tasting session of his organic wines including a very special vintage produced using former methods.
- Back to your B&B for a private cooking training session and dinner with the meal prepared collectively.
- Second overnight at your B&B.
DAY 3 – Tavel – Avignon or Nîmes
- Guided visit of the Cooperative cellar of the Tavel winemakers. The AOP Tavel appelation, the first french AOC for rosé wines since1936, surounded by a wide range of rosé, red and white wines, is the natural flag of the cellar . An other important distinction, not the least, the Tavel cellar is the first french cellar to be classified as "Historic Monument" since June 11th 2013. A wine tasting session run by a sommeler will educate you on the "King" of rosés letting you know all about it.
- Lunch at a typical inn of the village.
- Back to the TGV train station of Nîmes or Avignon driving your rental car (please make sure to return it to the same company you got it from)
Welcome to Tavel, a famous village of our region renowned for his so special wine: the AOP Tavel. The keyword of this weekend is definitely friendliness!
Lodged at a Provence farmhouse B&B, your hostess will guide you for the whole of your stay.
Hélène Nogueira, founder of AVINTOUR, will welcome you upon your arrival and explain you all the details that you may need for your stay.
She will be your personal contact for all your stay in Gard land. She will also hand over you your road book: this is your actual travel guide. You’ll find in it the different steps of your course, the GPS location of the meeting points, addresses and phone numbers of each of our service providers, as well as all your booking details and access tickets.
- One type A rental car available at the TGV train station of Nimes or Avignon.
- Lodging: 2 overnights in B&B, in double bedrooms, including breakfst.
- Fullboard: 4 meals(2 lunches 2 diners) at places selected by AVINTOUR and ensuring to cook fresh, local and seasonal products.
- 3 visits of wineries of the AOP Cru Tavel including the associated tasting sessions.
- One visit of a typical Provence market.
- One private cooking training course.
Does not include:
- Transportation up to the train station of Nîmes or Avignon.
- Fuel and extra insurances for your rental car. Please note that a vehicle with driver can be made available as a chargeable option.
- Beverages and extras within meals.
- Tips and personal expenses.
- Travel insurances (available as a chargeable option).