DAY1 – Avignon or Nîmes – Beaucaire
- A rental car will be booked for you at the TGV(high speed) train station in Avignon or in Nîmes.
- You settle for the week-end into a charming hotel in Beaucaire. This authentic Provencal farmhouse from the eighteenth century welcomes you in a warm atmosphere with "family home" as key word.
- You'll have your dinner in the little fishing port of Bellegarde on the bank of the Rhône to Sète water channel.
DAY2 – Aramon – Beaucaire
- Friendly breakfast around a bunch of breads, pastries and homemade jams.
- You'll board the oldest french boat still navigating (iron hull) which was built in 1862 in Rouen, for couple of hours cruise over the Rhône river. The captain will share a timeless moment with you.
- Lunch in Beaucaire at a restaurant with a unique surounding: a jewel of Provence architecture, placed on the bank of the marina and at the heart of the historic city center.
- The afternoon is an opportunity to explore a famous winery of AOP Costières de Nîmes. The chateau offers you to discover their landscaped path between vineyars, scrubland, orchards and Mediterranean nature. You just have to follow the explanatory posters, telling about the wines of the winery through History, Architecture, geology, botany, the soil.... This nice walk is followed by a commented wine tasting session of the local AOP Costières de Nîmes vintages.
- Your dinner will be served at an inn offering Mediterranean cooking with a provence accent. By the way, their specialty is fresh fish!
- Second overnight at your hotel.
DAY3 – Saint-Maximin – On your way to -Pont-du-Gard – Avignon or Nîmes
- By noon, you'll stop over at a winery to discover the brand new AOP Duché d'Uzès.
- You'll explore the exceptional du pont du Gard site, magestic Roman monument, registered at the global Unesco heritage since 1985, labeled "Grand site de France" in 2004 and "Qualité Sud de France" since october 2009. You'll have free access to the whole site: museums, walk "memory of scrubland", temporary exhibitions, movie shows, crossing over the bridge...
- You'll have lunch at the restaurant "les Terrasses" facing the somptuous monument.
- Back to the Avignon or Nîmes TGV train station using your rental car. (Please make sure to return it to the same company you got it from).
A timeless weekend, over the water to reach at the vineyards and wines of Gard land. During a cruise time, enjoy a moment of tranquility and relaxation over the Rhone river. You will then be welcomed by our partner vine growers to discover the AOP Costières de Nîmes and AOP Duchy of Uzes. As a conclusion of the weekend, you will explore the magnificent Roman viaduct overlooking beautiful pebble beaches along the Gardon river sides.
Hélène Nogueira, founder of AVINTOUR, will welcome you upon your arrival and explain you all the details that you may need for your stay.
She will be your personal contact for all your stay in Gard land. She will also hand over you your road book: this is your actual travel guide. You’ll find in it the different steps of your course, the GPS location of the meeting points, addresses and phone numbers of each of our service providers, as well as all your booking details and access tickets.
- Your roadbook including all the necessary vouchers proving your bookings with all tourist service providers mentioned in the agenda.
- Renting a type A vehicle at the TGV train station of Avignon or Nîmes.
- Two overnights in a three stars charming hotel, in guest rooms including breackfast.
- 4 meals (2 breakfast and 2dinners) at places selected by AVINTOUR, ensuring to cook fresh localand seasonal products.
- One 2h cruise in a barge over the Rhône river.
- 2 visits of AOP Costières de Nîmes et AOP Duché d'Uzès wineries including commented wine tasting sessions.
- Access fee to the Pont du Gard site.
Does not include:
- Train travel to Avignon or Nîmes.
- Fuel and extra insurances for your rental car. Please note that a vehicle with driver is available as a chargeable option.
- Extra cost for single rooms.
- Drinks and chargeable extras within meals.
- Tips and personal expenses.
- Any services not mentioned in the agenda.
- Travel insurances (cancelling and assistance) are chargeable options.