DAY 1 – Pont du Gard – Saint-Maximin – Uzès
- From 10am, arrival and welcoming at the foot of the famous Pont du Gard, majestic Roman monument, registered to the World Heritage of Unesco since 1985, labeled « Grand Site de France® » in 2004 and « qualité Sud de France » in october 2009. Free access to the whole site : the museum, the « Mémoires de Garrigues (Scrubland memories) » walks, the temporary shows, the movie theater, the crossing of the aqueduct… On top of that we can book for you extra optional sporting activities such as caving, canoeing…
- Lunch on site at the restaurant « Les Terrasses » facing the sumptuous monument.
- The afternoon carries on with the discovery of the secrets of fabrication of olive oil, at Moulin d’Uzès (an olive press) in Saint-Maximin.
- You are then appointed to a vineyard next to the press, for a commented tasting session of their vintages.
- Dinner will be served at one of the best restaurants in Uzes and overnight in a charming hotel.
DAY 2 – Uzès – Montaren
- In the morning city tour of Uzes.
- At 11am, you’ll visit a new vineyard and taste its products.
- Lunch in Montaren at a local cooking style restaurant.
- After lunch, you’ll go and meet M. Julien Hurard, artisan torréfacteur, (coffee roaster) who will uncover for you his best coffee “ grands crus “.
- The afternoon carries on with the discovery of the amazing Truffières d’Uzès (truffle woods) and their teaching park about this black gold.
- Dinner and overnight in Uzes.
DAY 3 – Arpaillargues – Blauzac – Anduze
- Managed by Emmanuel Pédeneau, the day starts with a carriage ride across the scrubland up until the Capitelles (dry stonework huts built by shepherds) typical from the Gard land.
- You’ll then make a stop over in a vine yard to taste a few wines, before heading back to the Font Clarette stables.
- For lunch, you’ll have a gourmet pic-nic.
- You’ll then take part to a « digestive walk » across vineyard and scrubland, commented and organized by one of our partner’s cellar. On top of that, you’ll even visit the winemaking cellar and taste their wines!
- Dinner and overnight in the city of Anduze (B&B/restaurant).
DAY 4 – Vézénobres – Ribaute les tavernes – Anduze
- In the morning, guided city tour of the medieval town of Vezenobres.
- Around 11am, you’ll visit a vineyard in Ribaute les Tavernes and discover their various vintages of AOP Duché d'Uzès.
- Lunch in Ribaute les Tavernes in a character restaurant, next to the vineyard.
- For the afternoon, walk through the famous Bambouseraie de Prafrance (giant bamboos garden) in order to discover the plant exhuberance with the most surprising forms.
- Dinner and overnight in Anduze
DAY 5 – Mialet – Anduze
- You go to Mialet in the morning to discover the Jardin Arboretum Bonsaï : unique in Europe, this Japanese garden offers the opportunity of a quiet and meditative walk in the nature.
- Lunch at a restaurant downtown Anduze.
- In the afternoon, you wander the path of the famous potters of Anduze.
Hélène Nogueira, founder of AVINTOUR, will welcome you upon your arrival and explain you all the details that you may need for your stay.
She will be your personal contact for all your stay in Gard land. She will also hand over you your road book: this is your actual travel guide. You’ll find in it the different steps of your course, the GPS location of the meeting points, addresses and phone numbers of each of our service providers, as well as all your booking details and access tickets.
- Lodging in charming hotel or B&B for 4 nights in double bedrooms including breakfast
- 9 meals (5 lunches and 4 dinners) in places garanteeing cooking fresh and local products, selected for you by AVINTOUR.
- Visits to local producers.
- Tasting wines and local porducts.
- Entrance fees to parks and gardens.
Does not include:
- Transportations and transferts
- Beverages outside and during the meals.
- Personal expenses.
- Any other service not mentioned in the agenda included.
- Optional extra sporting activities.
- Optional insurances