DAY1 – Beaucaire
- You’ll start your stay with the discovery of the city of Beaucaire; this town is loaded with art and history. The marina, for instance, allows the discovery of centennial boats.
- Your lunch will be served at a restaurant down town Beaucaire.
- The afternoon is an opportunity for you to discover one of the most famous wine domains of the AOP Costière de Nîmes.( The geographical appellation of wines produced in the hills around the city of Nîmes): The Château Mourgues du Grés which offers the possibility to uncover a landscaped path, crossing vineyards, scrubland and orchards. You will just have to let yourself be guided by the thematic milestones describing the geology, History, botany, heritage, architecture…This nice walk will be followed by a wine tasting session of the different Costières de Nîmes vintages of the Château.
- You’ll have dinner in Beaucaire in unique Historical scenery.
- Then you’ll settle for two nights into a B&B labeled” Hôtel et Châteaux collector”. You’ll find in there a hotel grade comfort combined to the charm of a B&B. The rooms are large, comfortable and very tastefully decorated.
DAY2 – Beaucaire – Bellegarde
- This second morning is an opportunity to discover a worldwide unique site. The Mas des Tourelles welcomes you: a nice walk in the Roman garden leads you up to the archeological site of an amphora manufacture from the time of the Romans. Your visit will continue with a reconstructed Roman cellar, the impressive wine press and the Roman amphorae are animated in a movie out of the periods of use. After the visit, the vineyard offers a tasting session comparing current AOP costières de Nîmes wines and "Roman" wines made and flavored according to former recipes in Latin language.
- Your lunch will be served at a restaurant cooking local, fresh and seasonal products.
- During the afternoon, you will discover the sumptuous Abbey of Saint Roman, carved in the rock by troglodyte monks.
- You'll then go to an organic (Biodynamie) vineyard that offers to present their range of natural wines.
- Dinner will be served in before going back for the night.
DAY3 – Bellegarde – Nîmes – Cabrières
- A wine estate welcomes you for discovering their vineyards. A wine tasting session will then be organized.
- Then, you'll have lunch at a gourmet restaurant in Nîmes.
- You'll take advantage of the afternoon for discovering the famous Roman monuments down town Nîmes: The Maison Carrée (Mansion, the Tour Magne (watch t
- ower )the jardins de la fontaine (baths) end eventually the Arènes (bullfight place).
- You'll settle for two nights into a tiny charming hotel in a typical village of the Gard land. Your room will be cozy and nicely decorated. You'll be able to relax and lounge on the side of one of the four swimming pools of your hotel.
- You'll have dinner at the restaurant of the hotel. The chef presents a gourmet cuisine from local products.
DAY4 – Nîmes – Marguerittes – Cabrières
- In the morning, you wander the city of Nîmes. Walking through the open market will "open your appetite".
- You'll then discover a new vineyard of the AOP costières de Nîmes by tasting their vintages.
- Your lunch will be served at a restaurant doing creative local cooking.
- The Maison de la Garrigue et de l'Olivier welcomes you for a guided visit of its museum. This bioclimatic building environment friendly is full of olive wealth of Gard land. The visit carries on the exceptional site of the Combe des Bourguignons and its pedagogic path way.
- Dinner and overnight in Cabrières.
DAY5 – Sernhac – Vers-Pont-du-Gard
- A local organization will take you through the tunnels of de Sernhac, Roman remains.
- A wine tasting session is organized before lunch.
- You'll have lunch face to the sumptuous Pont du Gard at the restaurant Les Terrasses.
- The Pont du Gard site is then of for you on all activities:the museum, the movie theater, the commented walk "Mémoires de Garrigue", the banks of the Gardon river...
Hélène Nogueira, founder of AVINTOUR, will welcome you upon your arrival and explain you all the details that you may need for your stay.
She will be your personal contact for all your stay in Gard land. She will also hand over you your road book: this is your actual travel guide. You’ll find in it the different steps of your course, the GPS location of the meeting points, addresses and phone numbers of each of our service providers, as well as all your booking details and access tickets.
- Lodging in a charming hotelfor 4 nights, including breakfast.
- 9 meals(5 lunches and 4 dinners) at places ensuring to cook fresh local products, selected by AVINTOUR.
- The visits to local producers' and the associated tasting sessions.
- Entrance fees for all the visits mentioned in the included agenda.
Does not include:
- Transportation and transfers.
- Beverages outside meals.
- Personal expenses.
- Any other service not mentioned in the includes agenda.